Visit the application system (http://www.studyatpku.com), fill in the application and upload the following documents:
(1) Graduation and degree certificates and degree authentication in Chinese or English. For degree certificates in other languages, applicants are required to upload both the original copy and a notarized copy in Chinese or English. Degree diplomas awarded by overseas universities must be authenticated by the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange, Ministry of Education, P. R. China (CSCSE). Degree diplomas awarded by universities on the Chinese mainland must be authenticated by the Center for Student Services and Development, Ministry of Education, P. R. China (CSSD).
Note: Applicants who graduated before 2024 must upload their degree authentication report during the application period. Applicants expected to graduate in 2024 must provide an official letter from their current university stating their expected graduation date, submit their certificate of graduation upon being pre-admitted, and present their original degree diploma upon registration.
(2) Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present (must be original documents or notarized copies either in Chinese or English).
(3) A personal statement (including the research plan, about 1500 words; please click the link to download the template: https://www.isd.pku.edu.cn/down/shen/ru.html).
(4) A copy of the Commitment for Application. Please click the link to download the template for the Commitment:
(5) Two recommendation letters from a professor(s) or associate professor(s) related to your major (or equivalent professionals with relevant academic title), either in Chinese or English. Once applicants submit the application the application system will send a link to the recommenders, and the recommenders should click the link and complete the recommendation either by filling out the form online or by uploading the scanned copy of the signed letter.
Click the link to download the template: https://www.isd.pku.edu.cn/down/shen/ru.html
(6) Original or photocopy of the TOEFL or IELTS test scores, if your mother tongue is not English or did not have a postsecondary education entirely conducted in English. The latter one should provide a statement or certificate issued by the Registrar (or equivalent) confirming that the sole language of instruction and assessment of the degree was English.
(7) Information page of the valid passport (passport type must be ordinary). The passport’s date of expiry should be after December 2024.
(8) A Resume or CV (with coloured photo).
(9) Table of contents and abstracts of the applicant’s academic publications and any other original achievements in his/her field (if applicable).
(10) A certificate or evidence of Chinese language proficiency (if applicable).
Note: All documents should be in Chinese or English. Applicants should scan the original or notarized application documents in color using a scanner. Images captured by mobile phone or camera are NOT acceptable.
The application fee is 800 RMB.
Note: Incomplete application materials or application without application fee will NOT be processed. The application fee is NOT refundable. Applicants are required to pay the application fee online before the application deadline. RMB only, any other currency or traveler’s check will not be accepted.