An applicant should submit the following materials. All documents should be written in English or accompanied by a certified English translation.
(1) Peking University Application Form for International Students (master and Ph.D. programs) with a photograph affixed. Please visit http://www.studyatpku.com, fill in the application form and submit it online, then print a hardcopy for reference.
(2) Graduation certificate and degree diploma (must be original documents or notarized copies either in Chinese or English). Note: Students expecting to graduate in 2023 should provide an official letter from the current university stating their expected graduation date.
(3) Official transcripts of your academic achievement up to the present (must be original documents or notarized copies either in Chinese or English).
(4) A personal statement (including the research plan, about 1500 words; please click the link to download the template: https://www.isd.pku.edu.cn/down/shen/ru/detail/4274.html).
(5) Two recommendation letters from a professor(s) or associate professor(s) related to your major (or equivalent professionals with relevant academic title). Click the link to download the template: https://www.isd.pku.edu.cn/down/shen/ru/detail/4273.html. Please note that the recommendation letters have to be original with signature and in Chinese or English. (Recommendation letters can also be sent to email@example.com directly by the recommender.)
(6) Original or photocopy of the TOEFL or IELTS test scores, if your mother tongue is not English or did not have a postsecondary education entirely conducted in English. The latter one should provide a statement or certificate issued by the Registrar (or equivalent) confirming that the sole language of instruction and assessment of the degree was English.
(7) One photocopy of valid passport (passport type must be ordinary).
(8) A Resume or CV (with coloured photo).
(9) A certificate or evidence of Chinese language proficiency (if applicable).
Note: Except for the recommendation letters, 2 sets (one original and one copy) of the above-mentioned application materials must be submitted as originals or verified copies will be required upon enrolment at the universities. All documents should be in Chinese or English and originals or notarized copies. All documents are not retrievable.
The application fee is 800 RMB.
Note: Incomplete application materials or application without application fee will NOT be processed. The application fee is NOT refundable. Applicants are required to pay the application fee before submitting the application materials. Acceptable payment includes cash, payment with the UnionPay bank card or through online payment. RMB only, any other currency or traveler’s check will not be accepted.