The Application Notice of 2019 U.S. Business Law Academy at Columbia Law School
Columbia University School of Law was founded in 1858 and is located in New York City, USA. Columbia University School of Law is the top five law school in the United States. It is the same as Harvard, Yale, and Stanford Law School, and has leading positions in corporate law and financial supervision law.
U.S. Business Law Academy at Columbia Law School is designed to provide law school students, legal practitioners, and other professionals with a comprehensive overview of US commercial law and legal system courses.
The 2019 U.S. Business Law Academy is open for application. The specific information is as follows:
Project time: July 14, 2019 (Sunday) to August 2, 2019 (Friday)
Project Location: Columbia Law School
1. The boutique professional courses: Columbia University Law School, Georgetown University Law School, Oxford University Law School professors teach American business law and legal system and other important content. Specific courses include:
· Introduction to U.S. Legal Institutions | Introduction to Mediation
Alexandra Carter (Columbia Law School)
Professor of Law; Director of Edson Queiroz Foundation Mediation Program
· U.S. Financial Law in an International Perspective
Chris Brummer (Georgetown Law Center)
Agnes N. Williams Research Professor; Faculty Director, Institute of International Economic Law; Professor of Law
· U.S. Corporate Law in an International Perspective
John Armour (Oxford University)
Professor of Law and Finance
2. Cutting-edge practical lectures: American outstanding legal practitioners and industry experts share US business law practice and law firm business development experience, in addition to Columbia University Law School degree project wonderful presentation;
3. High-end exchange visits: close communication with high-end people in the US legal practice, visiting famous institutions in the United States;
4. Project certificate award: Participants will receive project certificates and transcripts issued by Columbia Law School.
The project cost is $7,500. Project costs include project courses and teaching materials, visits, partial lunch fees, and accommodation fees (can apply for admission to Columbia University Apartments).
If you settle your accommodation by yourself, the project costs $5,250.
Project Cost Preferential Policy: More than 6 students or alumni of Peking University Law School apply, and the applicant can get a fee reduction of 1,500 USD.
1) Applicant conditions
Have a certain legal professional foundation (graduate alumni of Peking University Law School who are studying students or engaged in legal practice)
2) Application quota
3) Application method (online application)
In 2019, Columbia’s American Business Law Summer Seminar was applied online.
(Application website: https://www.law.columbia.edu/international-programs/us-business-law-academy )
Application method and deadline:
Please complete the online application before March 1st, 2019 (Friday), and please send your personal registration information to email@example.com by email with the title "Name + Student ID + Grade + 2019 U.S. Business Law Academy at Columbia Law School."
Please refer to the attachment for specific project information and visit the following website for viewing:
Office of External Affairs
January 25, 2019
Translated by: Nie Xudong
Edited by: Nie Xudong