An applicant should submit the following materials. All documents should be written in English or accompanied by a notarized English translation.
(1) Peking University Application Form (Master and Ph.D. Programs), which must be filled and submitted online via the following link
- Non-Chinese-nationals: www.studyatpku.com
- Permanent residents of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan: https://admission.pku.edu.cn/waiwang/index/bmxxlb.jsp
*Please note you should also print out a hard copy, stick your photo and send it to us by post, together with the following other materials.
(2) An official certificate of your highest education (For degrees to be expected upon application to this program, you should provide an official letter stating the expected graduation date) and higher education after secondary school;
(3) Official transcripts of postsecondary school training (original);
(4) Two letters of recommendation, at least one by your professor from the academy (e.g.: could have two from professors or one from a professor and the other from your boss or someone who knows you well, originals with letterhead paper and authentic signature);
(5) A personal statement (about 800 words);
(6) A Resume or CV (with coloured photo, stating your level of Chinese and may attach proof);
(7) One photocopy of results of TOEFL or IELTS examination; and
(8) One photocopy of valid passport (passport type must be ordinary).
(*Please note none of the above application documents will be returned)